Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Look at Today by Two of Our Own

YAH AH TAY!

So today was a great day! God blessed us with nice cool weather. Many of our offsite projects consist of building and painting things. The basketball staff and some of the Navajo had a very competitive but God-focused basketball game after lunch. Right now we’re having free time and some people are showering, playing basketball, and taking a nice nap. Anyway we’re getting ready for dinner and after dinner we’ll all be heading to our kids club sites. By the way - this is Patrick Colin Espiritu and sitting to my right is the amazing Rachel Howden. As I am typing right now she is making me a bracelet. This morning, I and five other people, gave a devotional on what focusing on God looks like and how we can have a heart that thrives for the Lord. Kirsten Kline supplied a testimony that a lot of other people found encouraging! The blog admin team is booting me off because I am typing too much! But I hope everyone is doing well in CALIFORNIA!!! Can’t wait to come home! Miss you and love you guys!

Greetings Valley Bible community! God is so good. Thus far the trip has been absolutely incredible. God’s love has been poured over all of us and the blessings are countless. With servants’ hearts, we are all giving up ourselves in many ways, hot and tired we press on. As we encounter personal struggles, we continue to learn and grow, seeking God despite any physical and emotional circumstances. (“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him” James 1:12.) For God works greatly through out pain and difficulties. I’m so amazed by the work God is doing in his children here in Arizona. Everywhere I look I see the Spirit moving and there is nothing more exciting and encouraging to me than that. Continually smiling down on his people, God has provided us with more and more testimonies that acknowledge His awesome power. He has healed many of us physically and emotionally, forever holding true to His promises. Thank you so much for all your prayers and please continue to pray for all of us here, our journey, and the Navajo.

Attention James Foster – Hey Pop! Thinking of you today – wanted to wish you a very, very happy birthday! We are Soooo glad that you were born. “I thank my God in all my remembrance of you” (Phil 1:3). Bless you, Dad.








16 comments:

Nathan Darnell said...

Josh, show me some love good buddy :)

Anonymous said...

Hi AZ team. Thanks for the comments and pictures - they encourage us as we pray. Pat, the basketball game sounded like Amador vs. Foothill! Luke and Stephen, please save the used paint brushes for a small project at home. Love you guys. Dad & Mom G.

Megan said...

Hey All! I'm checking up on you daily, like my bro said, I barely know anyone, but I am glad to be joining you in prayer. And Ryan, give the Clarks a big hug from me! Hopefully I can bring a So Cal team along, one of these years! Praying for you all!
Megan (Koenig) Nadalet
ps it's over 100 in Redlands, so I'm feeling you all on the heat. We don't get awesome lightening storms tho!

Angela said...

Haha, I feel like there has been a picture of Ryan Weber like that every single year. Its so great. Please tell X (Christina Burke)hello!!! And that I need her and her giggles real bad. Also tell her that Oscar is in doggie heaven...

Praying for you guys!!

Meghan Marell said...

I have been checking up on this blog everyday! Good job on the updates! So glad to hear you all are having a great time! Please tell Christina Burke and Becca Howden that I am thinking of them and missing them! Continually praying for you all.

-Meghan Marell

Anonymous said...

Luke,
Every night when my family gets back to the hotel, we look forward to checking the blog to see what you've been up to!I'm praying for you to have lots of energy, and connection with the kids at basketball camp. Looking forward to hearing all the stories of how God has been working when you get back!
Philippians 1:9-11
-Elise :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Team! The Shreve family is praying for you every day! Glad the weather is cooler (HA) Prayers answered! Tara S., dad is near you now in New Mexico! The house is REAL quiet with Aaron gone too! Looking forward to hearing how God has worked in your life and the life of the Navajo!
Love you lots - Mom Shreve

The Burke Family said...

Hello All, From The Burke Family. You are all in our Prayers. We are enjoying the great pictures. We miss you Christina, Brittany and Matt. The house is so so quiet. Looking forward to hearing about everything you been doing.
Love You, Mom & Dad (Burke)
& Chelsea

Kim W Chew said...

Love to Stephanie & Michael. We look forward to your rambling, random stories. Drink lots of water. Work hard. Take a nap. Shine the Light of Jesus.

Mom Dad and Lauren

Wynonna, Chad's mom said...

Hey Chad, your dad is home and feeling better, just a little tired.
Thank you to everyone who prayed for Chad's dad. He came home from the hospital Thur. afternoon. It was great to feel the power of all of the prayers on his behalf. I felt God's protection the whole time.
Love you and miss you, Chad but I know you are having a great time.
Mom, (Wynonna)

Anonymous said...

Hey Napoleon....

We miss you soooo very much..
I tried to email you after we did Khalil's, but "Mariam" did something to the blog system and my comment just won'tgo thru...
from what I read, looks like basketball camp is great!! I pray this time you had no nose bleeding?

We came down with the kids to Disneyland for the weekend.. I know you won't be able to miss football practice.
LEO Please Stay hydrated..lots of water and NO (sodas etc :)...
I miss your hugs and ((Irfaa' bantalonak ya walad... )) haha..
kisses from Your favourite young
sister and your brosky broheen!!!!

Can't wait to hear from you..
Ishta'telkum!!
Mama

We pray for you All(and the Navajos) in Arizona..
May God Bless All your works.
You All are amazing ambassadors of God !.. We are proud that our children are part of your team!!

For charlie and Leo from Pops::
(Knock Knock,,,
who's there?
Olive... Olive who?
O love you :) :) )

Meghan Marell said...

where is the new updates?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen Morse! Happy Belated birthday! Also tell the Begays that I miss them and wish I was there with all of you!
Chantal Clark and Charlie Meng, I just got a picture text of Laurie and Keith with Pletch and Arlina together in Maui. so funny I knew they were going to bump into eachother.
Hi Allison and Sarah!!!
Miss you guys!
Love Alyssa Drake

Dustin and Alicia Baker said...

New updates please blog team?!

Adam said...

Hi Ash! Hope you're having an awesome time. We've been praying for you. Love ya.
-Your Bro

chris said...

Hi Callie, We hope you are having a great time. We miss you and love you, looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, Mom Dad Ryan Lauren & Leah