Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 1: Heading to Kingman, AZ (Part 1)

Hello everyone. The team left VBC this morning at 7:15 and are en route to Kingman. The drive has been uneventful (in a good way) so far and everyone is looking forward to arriving in Arizona. We will continue to update the blog today and tomorrow with pics from the voyage. Here are some pictures from the ride that were taken via cell phone by Allison Auser, Matt Howden, Cody Jorgensen, Cathy Farrar, Kristi Shannon and Sarah Burns. Enjoy.

UPDATE
...

The team arrived safely in Kingman around 7:30pm. After a very restful night of sleep in one of America's most beautiful towns (ok that was an exaggeration but Kingman does get a shoutout in Pixar's Cars), the team will hit the road in the morning and head to the Rez. Everyone should arrive at Immanuel Mission around 8pm.

Orientation

Departing VBC

Blake, the rookie.


Not sure if the "Z A" was intentional or not?


Sleepers.

Brentooth technology.

Josh reading Narnia.

Balmy.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm loving the backwards AZ! haha I hope you all have a wonderful time, and someone PLEASE give the Clarks a hug from me, I miss them dearly!

Praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm realy excited to follow you all. I wish I could have made it this year. Unfortunately, I could not. I look forward to doing everything in my power to make it next year. I don't know how many of you all I actually know anymore, but I trust you all will do amazing things and have a lasting impact on many, many lives. All this said, the weather in San Diego will be much more enjoyable than the Rez weather, I assume. Have a great time and let the Lord's light shine through all of you.

Davis Koenig

Kim W Chew said...

Praying for you constantly. Aloha my Hawaii girls and boys! God bless. Michael we found your pillow, it's very lonely here at home. Stephanie, someone named Robert Patterson called for you, something about being in a movie with him ... but said he'd call back.
Kim Chew