Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day Two (Creatively Titled)


Yesterday Nick Breitbart shared with you all some of the day's highlights. Hopefully you enjoyed the pictures and stories. Today was the second day of our work projects. The weather has been pretty good. I would estimate (and I am no meteorologist) that it was 90 degrees today. Moving on. One work group is assembling an autobody shop on the mission compound that will one day serve as a vocational school (the picture with the large metal structure from yesterday's post). Another work crew is at the Chee's house (Ryan Weber & Tyler Conley pictured).
They built a fence, hiked, and rolled in the dirt. They enjoyed themselves thoroughly. Basketball camp has been an adventure as usual. Steve Collard's team is busily laying insulation at a Navajo family's home (group picture) The rest of the teams are working hard and seem to be encouraged by what they have accomplished.
There are 20 kids total and they are keeping the basketball staff on their toes.
God has really taken care of us during our time here. The group has meshed really well together and the first-timers have really adapted well. The team is younger than the teams we have taken here the past couple years, but nonetheless we have been able to serve well. Everyone has enjoyed hearing all of your blog comments so keep them coming. On a personal note, Melissa "Is Pregnant" Bowen is staying in an air-conditioned villa that is the envy of all who enter it. Needless to say, not all of us are suffering for the Lord.


10 comments:

Jennifer Morse said...

Hi guys...I just got in from my cruise and got to read all that you are doing! I miss you all so much. You have no idea how much I wish I was there with you. Please take care of my little pregnant Mel and tell my roomates that Izzie and I miss them like crazy...she is sleeping next to me on the couch right now! Also tell them that the A's/Angel's game was fun but defintely not a home run! I am praying for you and love you all!

jen

Charlie said...

i'm going to try to get pregnant by next year so i can enjoy a.c. too. hahah just kidding! praying for you guys. say hi to...ummmm... dean diblasio for me.

Anonymous said...

Hello, everyone!

I'm so glad to see how much progress you guys are making. I've been worried after seeing the heat index in the weather forcasts, but it seems that God is helping you all to endure the conditions and has sent cooldown weather (in other words, rain) to keep you going. I look forward to more entries on your progress! I miss you all!

Zach

Edge Shop for Men said...

Hey. I'm not sure if anyone got the great news or not yet...

Kyle Clark & Briahna Tutino are ENGAGED!

He asked her Daddy after throwing up twice from nerves.

Obviously the blessing was given & it's a sweet little story so I wont take all the glory but he wanted you all to know!!!

I hope you all are having an amazing time & that God continues to bless you all out there!

Amy Mayerson

Ryan D. Pleau said...

It's good to hear that things are going well with the basketball camp. I can't believe how big Tino is! A few things since you've been gone:
1. Bonds is 3 home runs from breaking the record.
2. The latest Harry Potter Book was released on Monday to much fanfare. (Voldemort Kills Snape!)
3. The Simpson's movie opens on Friday.

I'd like to hear more about how the basketball camp is going. "Just as adventurous as ever" isn't exactly descriptive. I'd like to here how it compares to past years, which has been different each time.

Good luck and God Bless you all!

Jim / Judy P. said...

Hi everyone! It's so wonderful to get these daily updates from you! It sounds like you are having an awesome time at Immanuel Mission. I want you to know that the people on the prayer team have been sooo blessed to be praying for you. Many come up to me to say how excited and encouraged they are. Say hi to everyone on staff for me, okay? Love, judy
“May He, (the Lord), give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.” Psalm 20:4-5

Anonymous said...

The daily A's update for Chad and other interested parties like the Bowen's. A's beat the Angels today 4-3. Seattle dropped two to the Rangers in a double header. Stephanie Chew I remembered that you are there so hello from here. Bradley, your parents miss you. Advice for the day--sleep is necessary for the brain and body to work so get plenty of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi friends... 90 degrees, whew! I'm glad that Mel has got AC but I'm sure there is some suffering for Jesus mixed in there. I miss you guys tons and I'm praying for you! I love this blog idea... Dan you're so smart! love you... love, nicole

Anonymous said...

Blessins everyone, so happy to click on and see what going on! You are in my prayers! update: Lauren Wallace doing much better received one of her bags, she is in Bitburg (sp?) and adjusting well. : ) she has a funny blog update! A's released Keilty to make room for Street they have 10 days to decide what to do with him. Love and miss you all, Lynne

Unknown said...

hey guys! i love you all and miss you so much! i just figured out how to leave a comment so that'd explain why this is my first! well you are all in my prayers and i am so encouraged by all the stuff i read on the blog!
keep it coming! its the next best thing to being there!
love you all!
p.s. these pictures are incredible!! who ever took them in extremely blessed with talent! and probably pretty handsome too!
mandie...or dan. im not sure why it says that, but you decide who really left it!