Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Belize/ Guatemala Spring Break Outreach 2011

Hey there.
Jenna and Kristi coming at ya live from Punta Gorda, Belize. We all arrived safely and have been busy at work since we got here. As soon as the kids heard we were in town, they came running...literally :) We have been able to minister to them and spend time with them everyday, including trips to the Caribbean Sea. Yesterday, some of the guys on our team ( Matt and Mark Pine, Tim Barley, Stephen Greenaway, and Matt Sill) helped build a bunk bed for one of the families. ( for those of you who are familiar they built it for Jamilla, Jamika and Mikey) Becky and Janet, our interior designers, outfitted the bed with new sheets and new chairs for the room as well. In the meantime, we've also been able to visit and pray for the local hospital. It was such an encouraging time of prayer and conversation with the nurses and patients there. We've met great people from the Machaka ministry, a discipleship training ministry. Today we're busy at work helping to projects at Da Wata Founatain and more work projects for some more of the locals. We've had many funny moments, memorable moments, encouraging moments, and many meaningful moments. Overall its been a great experience already and the team is so united and just excited to continue to share God's love with these kids and this village. Tomorrow we are taking a water taxi to Puerto Barrios, Guatemala. Thanks for your prayers! :)

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey there friends! It's so wonderful to hear that you all are having such a great time. I am so excited that the Lord is blessing your time in PG! You get the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus to these children for a week, one of the most rewarding, memorable, and amazing experiences I have ever had. I hope that it is the same for you. Tell all the kids that I miss them, love them, and give them hugs for me. I'm praying for you everyday.

<3Rachel Howden

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Its Stephanie. Its great that you're actually using the blog and the fb. I hope God is blessing you allt remendously on this trip and shows you all something new. praying for you all constantly. I hope you're having wonderful adventures. Please tell the kids I REALLYY miss them. A lot. And give them hugs.

Michael: dude. The house was so quiet without you. And your room is the cleanest I've seen it in years. I miss ya. Hey ifn You have any desire to bring back belizean chocolate or a cute new bag for me..I'll reimburse you. savvy? k. love ya.

Anonymous said...

This is from Cathy...praying for you all every day! So miss being with you! Love the pics and the blog entry...so fun to hear how God is moving! Please give all the kiddos my love and BIG hugs from me!

Angela said...

Hey friends! I LOVE BELIZE AND MIKEY, JAMIKA, AND JEM!!! Although I've been out of the Vbc picture for years... I still love you all and I am praying big time for you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen, Praying for you and good to hear of your work for the kids. Please take a phone picture of the bunk bed! I made a large planter box for school. Mom says it looks like a coffin. I hope to put the plants in it today. Fixed mom's car - thank God. Psalm 90:17
I would have been heartbroken if the new alternator did not work. The CAL lecture was great. ?We love you. See you in SF Sun. AM. Dad and Mom

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

noticias Miramar said...

Hiya! I simply wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you’ve right here on this post. I will likely be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your great work for the Lord!

Marley's Mom said...

Visit this site,these 3 sisters can really sing youtube.com/OfficialACE3

Mas informacion said...

excellent post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should continue your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

Mas informacion aqui said...

Examples of these are good tips in which I most certainly will try outside, Quite possibly glad I came across the idea. Thank you.